Monday, October 10, 2011

Foods That Spike Your Blood Sugar up High

Certain foods will spike a diabetic’s blood sugar up really high and will hold it up high for a long period of time.  Eating bagels will bring your blood sugar up high and hold it up high for a few hours because of all the carbohydrates in it. For some reason whenever I eat bagels my blood sugar will stay up high in the 300’s, even though I gave myself insulin for it.
            Foods like cotton candy, juice boxes, and lemonade (that has sugar in it or aren’t diet) will bring your blood sugar up fast but not hold it up high.  I remember when I ate cotton candy at a carnival and 40 minutes later I did my blood sugar and it was in the 400’s, even though before I ate it my blood sugar was around 130.  However, then my blood sugar dropped quickly after and I went low. 
            But everyone’s body is different and eventually you will figure out what foods your own body will react to and how to handle it. 
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment